How To Create, Manage & Restore Instance Snapshots
Snapshots are a way to take an instant image of your F2H server and are useful if you are making changes to your instance. If you want to update the networking you can take a quick Snapshot of the server in case anything goes wrong. In the event of a mistake or misconfiguration, this would likely lock you out of your server. You could use the internal network to revert the changes but this takes time. Instead, you can just restore the snapshot you took. Snapshots are stored on the same storage as your instance. Because of this do not use Snapshots as a backup solution. Instead, use the backup function.
How To Take An Instance Snapshot
To take a Snapshot of your instance;
- Access your products and services.
- Select the instance you would like to Snapshot.
- From the “Manage Product” page select “Snapshots”.
You are now at the Snapshot management area.
Create A New Snapshot
To create a new instant Snapshot;
- Click the “+ Take Snapshot” button.
- Give the snapshot a name and description.
- Choose to include the active Ram or not.
- Including active Ram ensures no active processes are lost with the Snapshot is taken.
- Click confirm to create the snapshot.
Restore Snapshot Backup
From the snapshot management page;
- Click the “Roll Back” icon.
- Confirm the restore.
- Servers are restored instantly.
How was this article? How To Create, Manage & Restore Instance Snapshots
You might also like
More from Instance Management
If you have installed your Discovery instance using a distribution ISO. Then it's likely your drive will be using a …
How To Configure An Internal MySQL Database ServerHigh-value assets like database servers are always a target for hackers. Typically, these …